- Powerful Data Collection For Better Integrated Groundwater Solution – Lala El Hoummaidi (Sr. GIS & Applications Analyst at Statistics Center Abu Dhabi, UAE)
- Three-pronged, GIS-centered approach improves indoor residual spray efficiencies in Zambia. – Anne Winters(Spatial epidemiologist, Akros – South America, Middle East and Africa)
- A spatial analysis of reasons for non-facility childbirth delivery and healthcare utilization surroundings in Nigeria – Kerry LM Wong
- Municipal Property Tax Collection and Management – Jack McKenna/ Edwin Mugerezi (Trimble land Administration Solutions)
- Spatial Data Accessibility in GIS; A Strategic Action for Africa’s Development. – Ivan David Serebe Mwebe (GIS Technical Lead at Connekt-Age)
- Spatial Bayesian networks and the supply of fuels in Kilimanjaro Region – Roger Bär (Centre for Development and Environment, University of Bern)
- An Approach Geoinformatics Education in the UAE – Prof. Mohamed Rashed Bualhamam (Professor in the Geography and Urban Planning, UAE University)
- Two-Score Tongues of Zambia: using GIS to find unsupported languages – Zach Lindsey (University of Leicester)
Spatial database issues, developments, and challenges involved in the design of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) remain a hinderance in geo populating and geo analysis despite the vast amount of data and knowledge storages existing within the Africa Region. Encountering the gap in knowledge databases, Geo Spatial data plays an important role in visualisation and data interpretation which brings forth the Geo4Africa Summit 2017 whose theme is “Geo Tools Innovating Knowledge Databases”. The summit brings forth various stakeholders to solve the challenge, brainstorm on relevant data transformations and use of geo spatial data in building Knowledge Management Systems. The summit welcomes both theoretical as well as system contributions.
The organising committee for Geo4Africa Summit 2017 seeks papers from suitable and qualified individuals to submit their papers for presentation at the summit. The summit will run from July 11 to July 14, 2017. It will be located at Kampala Serena Hotel with a number of GIS workshops and training sessions as part of the GIS Week.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
– GIS Applications in Health
– GIS in Education
– Mapping Disasters and Environments
– Government and Geo Data
– Mobile Applications in geo Mapping
– Geo Tools for monitoring and Evaluation
– Data Collection and Analysis using Geo Tools
– Visualising Data in Geo tools
– Knowledge Transformation using Geo Tools
– Geo Tracking and Timelines using Geo tools
– Geo for Business
– Urban Planning
Call for Abstracts for papers/Demo: 1st August 2016
End of Abstract Submission: 1st November 2016 (Extended to January 31st)
Notification of Authors: 25th January 2017 (Submitted papers will be receive feedback)
Paper Submission: 25th February 2017 (Will be ongoing but not later than April 14)
Camera Ready Version: 14th April 2017
Please note that the review of Abstracts will take 2 months and the authors will be notified by 25th January 2017
Abstract Submission Guidelines
* Author/presenter name(s)
* Presentation title (70 characters or less)
* Topic category
* Company/Organisation name
* Complete address, phone, and fax information
* Brief presenter biography (200 characters or less)
* Abstract (500 characters or less)
Be sure to answer these questions:
* What problem did you solve with GIS? What advantage did GIS give you?
* What types of geospatial analysis did you use? Explain how and why.
* What are your findings or results?
* How can this project be useful for the audience?
* Relevance to the summit objective and goals
Content and formatting
* All papers and presentations must be noncommercial.
* At no time is it permissible for presenters to use their time slot to advertise or promote a product, service, or company.
* Remember, the information you enter is used for publishing purposes (e.g., online agenda and mobile app); therefore, eliminate bullet points, numbering, or all capital letters; submissions must be in English.
* Do not include information in your abstract that will not be included in your presentation.
* All papers should be submitted to email@example.com with subject line “Firstname_Lastname_Call_Geo4Africa”
- All accepted presenters must upload their presentation in order to present and be included in the proceedings. If your paper contains sensitive information and you are concerned with sharing certain information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presentations are typically 20 minutes or less. This year’s committee will evaluate all abstracts and make selections based on topic, content, and time available.
- Must be in position to attend the summit
- Only successful applicants will be contacted. A detailed program of presentations and events will be provided prior to the conference.
- A projector and screen will be provided in the presentation room.